Fall Cruise Update
June 1, 2020 — Many have asked the question, “Is the Cruise still a Go?” Yes, we’re still planning on doing a great cruise for our October Contest and Convention. If you are signed up but aren’t sure that you still want to go, please wait until July to make your final decision. If the Cruise Line is forced to cancel our event, everyone will receive a full refund. If you opt out now and they cancel, you’ll lose your deposit. Most likely, if the ships don’t sail, hotels will be closed as well, so if we are allowed to have a contest and convention, it will be at sea. The Cruise Lines are well aware of the potential of a ship-born virus reappearing. We are keeping our eye on what will be best for our group and will fall on the side of Safety when making our final decision. We know that the ships will all be conducting tests for elevated temperature prior to letting anyone aboard. Carnival’s other items of safety are still being written. We’ll let everyone know as soon as we are made aware. Donna is still taking reservations for this cruise. If you and your Quartet and/or Chorus are interested in competing, let Donna know and get your spot reserved. If the 2020 Contest and Convention does get cancelled, we may look at moving the whole Fall Event to October 2021. We’ve done most of the legwork. Stay Tuned!
Some of our members who have underlying issues won’t go no matter what Carnival does. We understand that and will do whatever we can to lessen the monitory loss. Maybe we’ll look at a complimentary registration to the next land-based contest for those at-risk members. We’ll see what we can do.
— Bill Rosica, FWD President